Brand: Cheong Kim Chuan
Shrimps (Crustaceans) and salt. Contains permitted food preservative (E211).
Keep in cool dry place
Refrigerate after opening
Allergy Advice: For allergens see ingredients in bold.
Net Weight: 225g
Product of: Malaysia
Store in a cool, dry place and away from sunlight
MALAYSIAN SAMBAL BELACAN THAT ROCKS
- Pestel & Mortar or Blender
- 6 medium Fresh Chillies
- 2 medium Bird's Eye Chillies
- 2 inch Belacan (Fermented Shrimp)
- 2 Shallots
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- Take out stalks from red chilies and bird's eye chilies.
- Break the chilies into several pieces using your hand. (Traditionally believed that if you use a knife to cut them, the taste will not be the same!)
- Chop the tomato
- Put chilies, tomatoes, shallots, belacan and garlic into a pestle.
- Pound them with the mortar according the the consistency you prefer.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl. Spoon two tablespoon of water into the pestle to dilute the remains of the sambal and pour the water into the bowl.
- Add in lime juice, salt and sugar.
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website. Please report any discrepancies through our chat system. Your help is much appreciated.
|*Shipping Weight||300 g|
|Dimensions||2 × 8 × 7 cm|